Wednesday, April 8, 2009

04.08.09 - RVT

I've found my calling.
In July I'll finally be a resident of Indiana, thus I'll be able to go to school and take advantage of my benefits that I am eligible for being that my dad is a Veteran. So I've decided to attend Indiana Business College to become an RVT (Registered Veterinary Technician).
For years animals have fascinated me; I've learned to notice their body movement to see how they're feeling, I've watched their forms of communicating with eachother, and I've felt a great companionship between animals and myself, including those that aren't my own pets. Until I met my husband I never had pets in my house for more than about a week other than when I was a little girl (my parents aren't too keen on animals) but even when I had a dog tear half of my face off I still kept a spot in my heart for all animals.
Yesterday Max and I went to the vet because our three toed box turtle (Max has had her for years but the pervious owner told him that she was a tortoise, as well as a he lol) wasn't feeling well and being there just felt right. Even in the chaos of trying to get the credit card machine to work haha.
So yeah, I'm going to be a Veterinarian :)

1 comments:

Nadette said...

wow, sounds like you've got a plan :D I wish you the best of luck